RYA Competent Crew Course
This RYA Competent Crew course is for those who would like to become active crew members rather than just passengers.
The Competent Crew course introduces the complete beginner to cruising and teaches personal safety, seamanship and helmanship to the level required to be a useful member of the crew on a cruising yacht.
If you are a complete beginner, the Competent Crew sailing course will last for 5 days. If you've already done the RYA Start Yachting course then it will only take 3 days.
Free Re-Sit Guarantee*
Our guarantee is that we won't give up on you: in the unlikely event that you fail or can't complete one of our RYA courses, you can resit or rejoin another at NO EXTRA COST. *See T&C's
What will I gain from this Course?
We include everything you will need with your course fee :
- 5 days Top Notch Tuition !!
- Accommodation on board with pillow!
- All food on board - three meals a day plus snacks and refreshments.
- Home baked bread and cakes (when Lou is able!)
- All mooring fees and marina costs
- Use of waterproof clothing
- Use of personal safety equipment
- Any incurred fuel costs
- Free extra days if you do not reach the required standard (see Pay Once and Pass Guarantee)
Topics for this course include the following (review the full syllabus)
- Preparation for sea
- Knowledge of sea terms and parts of a boat, her rigging and sails
- Sail handling
- Ropework and knots
- Fire precautions, personal safety equipment
- Man Overboard and emergency equipment
- Keeping Lookout
- Use of dinghies
- General Duties
- Manner and Customs
- Night Sailing
The course will start and end at Gosport Marina - PO12 1AH
We typically visit some of these ports and harbours
No previous experience or theoretical knowledge is required for this course
How do I book?
Check out the available course dates and then contact us or book online. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact Lou or Jim for more information.
||1st-5th April 2017||£549|
||24th-28th April 2017||£529|
||8th-12th May 2017
|See all course dates|
To sum up - if you are thinking of doing it but are a bit afraid like I was - go for it - it is wonderful and Jim is a great teacher.Rating 5 Top